Download my My Favourite Facing Finish Tutorial (PDF)
Here is a listing of online tutorials for alternative quilt finishes other than binding:
- My Favourite Facing Finish presented by me – suitable for gently irregular-shaped quilts;
- Mitred Facing Finish presented by me – suitable for square & rectangular quilts;
- Facing with Corner Triangles presented by Robbi Eklow;
- Triangle Corners Facing Finish by Donna Hussain;
- Overcast Edge Quilt Finish presented by me;
- Escape Hatch Finish presented by Melody Johnson;
- Wholecloth Facing presented by me – suitable for smaller quilts;
- Strip facing I (single layer) presented by Jeri Riggs;
- Strip Facing II (double layer) presented by me; and
- Fine Perle Cord Finish presented by Terry Grant.
The Four Fantastic Quilt Finishing Techniques DVD that I presented with Quilters Companion covered 4 techniques: binding, facing, escape hatch and satin stitch. It can still sometimes be found in bundled magazine packs or in magazine de-stash sales.