Learn with Me!
My teaching focus is on freeform piecing, effective design and the use of colour – to promote fun and encourage creative momentum. My presentations and workshops draw upon my experience and insights as an artist, curator, judge, quilt judging educator, writer and mentor.
While there are currently restrictions on travel and gatherings, I am excited at how technology enables us to effectively share our creative spaces and work side-by-side no matter where we are in the world and what time zone we are in.
I offer the following workshops and programs to groups and Guilds:
- Presentations available as live virtual programs via Zoom for up to 100 participants.
- 3 Hour Live Interactive Workshops: optimised for learning on the Zoom platform for up to 20 students.
- Longer Format Workshops: designed for in-person classes or multi-segment live Zoom events.
Please email me for my availability and rates. I am open to tailoring a workshop or presentation that suits your needs.
Download my Serendipity Patchwork & Quilting Workshops Brochure. View the Serendipity Student Gallery.
I am directly hosting the following live, interactive workshops in 2022:
- The Art of Finishing: 7-8.30pm Saturday 13 August *PAY AS YOU WISH*
- The Art of Finishing: 6-7.30am Thursday 18 August *PAY AS YOU WISH*
- The Art of Finishing: 10-11.30am Saturday 20 August *PAY AS YOU WISH*
- Logs & Ladders: 5-8am Thursday 22 September NEW!
- Logs & Ladders: 6-9pm Saturday 24 September NEW!
All dates are shown in Sydney time. Use the Time Zone Converter Tool to calculate the time at your location.BOOK NOW
The Art of Finishing: Pay What You Wish Zoom Event
Join me in August for the Art of Finishing, a 90-minute “pay what you wish” Zoom event that is open to anyone interested in brainstorming and enhancing the presentation of their quilts and textile art. There are 3 sessions available to suit a range of time zones*:
- 7-8.30pm Saturday 13 August: Saturday morning in UK and Europe
- 6-7.30am Thursday 18 August: Wednesday afternoon in USA & Canada
- 10-11.30am Saturday 20 August: good for Australia and New Zealand
Finishing and sharing work is a valuable way of maintaining creative momentum. Come along for personalised feedback and guidance on completing YOUR quilts and compositions including live demos of artful finishing techniques, hanging sleeves and label-making. All welcome! A recording will be available for 10 days afterwards.BOOK NOW:PAY WHAT YOU WISH!
*All dates are shown in Sydney time. Use the Time Zone Converter Tool to calculate the time at your location.
3 Hour Live Zoom Workshops:
The following three-hour live interactive workshops have been developed and optimised for learning on the Zoom platform and are available for up to 20 students. Each workshop focuses on a different freeform piecing technique. The workshops are standalone (except Beyond FUNdamentally Circles which is for gradutates of the circles class only) or you can pick and choose a series.
All presentations are available as live virtual programs via Zoom:
- 45 minute digital slide show + Q&A
- Up to 100 participants
Longer Format Workshops
In addition to the 3-hour workshops, I offer the following longer format, in-depth workshops for both in-person and virtual events. I can tailor content and timing for your needs.
I enjoy the energy and enthusiasm of retreat and symposium-style gatherings. Past assignments include the Australasian Quilt Convention (2009, 2010, and 2013), New Zealand Quilt Symposiums (2015, 2017 and 2019), AQS Quilt Week Paducah (2013), European Patchwork Meeting (2014), Pacific International Quilt Festival (2018) and Quilt Encounter (2010 and 2012).