Learn with Me!
My teaching focus is on free-form piecing, effective design and the use of colour – to promote fun and encourage creative momentum. My presentations and workshops draw upon my experience and insights as an artist, curator, judge, quilt judging educator, writer and mentor.
I am excited at how technology enables us to effectively share our creative spaces and work side-by-side no matter where we are in the world and what time zone we are in.
I offer the following workshops and programs to groups and Guilds:
- Presentations available as live virtual programs via Zoom for up to 100 participants.
- 3 Hour Live Interactive Workshops: optimised for learning on the Zoom platform for up to 20 students.
- Longer Format Workshops: designed for in-person classes or multi-segment live Zoom events.
Please email me for my availability and rates. I am open to tailoring a workshop or presentation that suits your needs.
Download my Serendipity Patchwork & Quilting Workshops Brochure. View the Serendipity Student Gallery.
3 Hour Live Zoom Workshops:
The following three-hour live interactive workshops have been developed and optimised for learning on the Zoom platform and are available for up to 20 students. Each workshop focuses on a different freeform piecing technique. The workshops are standalone (except Beyond FUNdamentally Circles which is for gradutates of the circles class only) or you can pick and choose a series.
Abstract Design Workshops
These two multi-segment Zoom workshops explore different aspects of abstract design. They can be taken separately or together.
- Riffing with Repetition: Explore the power of repetition to create unity and rhythm in abstract design using YOUR preferred techniques.
- Abstraction in Action: Learn how to create an abstract composition drawn from reality using YOUR preferred medium and techniques*. Working from a personal source of inspiration found in nature or place, students will learn the basics of abstraction through observation, reflection and repetition.
All presentations are available as live virtual programs via Zoom:
- 45 minute digital slide show + Q&A
- Up to 100 participants
Longer Format Workshops
In addition to the 3-hour workshops, I offer the following longer format, in-depth workshops for both in-person and virtual events. I can tailor content and timing for your needs.
I enjoy the energy and enthusiasm of retreat and symposium-style gatherings. Past assignments include the Australasian Quilt Convention (2009, 2010, 2013 and 2022), New Zealand Quilt Symposiums (2015, 2017 and 2019), AQS Quilt Week Paducah (2013), European Patchwork Meeting (2014), Pacific International Quilt Festival (2018) and Quilt Encounter (2010 and 2012).