Learn with Me!
My teaching focus is on freeform piecing, effective design and the use of colour – to promote fun and encourage creative momentum. My presentations and workshops draw upon my experience and insights as an artist, curator, judge, quilt judging educator, writer and mentor.
While there are currently restrictions on travel and gatherings, I am excited at how technology enables us to effectively share our creative spaces and work side-by-side no matter where we are in the world and what time zone we are in.
I offer the following workshops and programs to groups and Guilds:
- Presentations available as live virtual programs via Zoom for up to 100 participants.
- 3 Hour Live Interactive Workshops: optimised for learning on the Zoom platform for up to 20 students.
- Longer Format Workshops: designed for in-person classes or multi-segment live Zoom events.
Please email me for my availability and rates. I am open to tailoring a workshop or presentation that suits your needs.
Download my Serendipity Patchwork & Quilting Workshops Brochure. View the Serendipity Student Gallery.
In addition, I am personally hosting the following workshops in 2021. All welcome!
- Strip Ease: 6am-9am Thursday 11 March
- Abstraction in Action: Group One (Weekend days: 20-21 March, 10 April & 1 May)
- Abstraction in Action: Group Two (Weekdays:24-25 March, 7 & 29 April) FULLY BOOKED
- FUNdamentally Circles: 5-8am Thursday 8 April
- FUNdamentally Circles: 5-8pm Thursday 8 April
- FUNdamentally Circles: 9am-12noon Saturday 10 April
- Beyond FUNdamentally Circles: 1-4pm Saturday 1 May
- Beyond FUNdamentally Circles: 5-8am Thursday 6 May
- Line Dancing: 9am-12noon Saturday 5 June
- Line Dancing: 5-8am Thursday 10 June
- Line Dancing: 5-8pm Thursday 10 June
- The X Factor: 9am-12noon Saturday 3 July
- The X Factor: 5-8pm Saturday 3 July
- The X Factor: 5-8am Thursday 8 July
3 Hour Live Zoom Workshops:
The following three-hour live interactive workshops have been developed and optimised for learning on the Zoom platform and are available for up to 20 students. Each workshop focuses on a different freeform piecing technique. The workshops are standalone or you can pick and choose a series.
All presentations are available as live virtual programs via Zoom:
- 45 minute digital slide show + Q&A
- Up to 100 participants
Longer Format Workshops
In addition to the 3-hour workshops, I offer the following longer format, in-depth workshops for both in-person and virtual events. I can tailor content and timing for your needs.
I enjoy the energy and enthusiasm of retreat and symposium-style gatherings. Past assignments include the Australasian Quilt Convention (2009, 2010, and 2013), New Zealand Quilt Symposiums (2015, 2017 and 2019), AQS Quilt Week Paducah (2013), European Patchwork Meeting (2014), Pacific International Quilt Festival (2018) and Quilt Encounter (2010 and 2012).