Learn with Me!
My teaching focus is on freeform piecing, effective design and the use of colour – to promote fun and encourage creative momentum. My presentations and workshops draw upon my experience and insights as an artist, curator, judge, quilt judging educator, writer and mentor.
While there are currently restrictions on travel and gatherings, I am excited at how technology enables us to effectively share our creative spaces and work side-by-side no matter where we are in the world and what time zone we are in.
I offer the following workshops and programs to groups and Guilds:
- Presentations available as live virtual programs via Zoom for up to 100 participants.
- 3 Hour Live Interactive Workshops: optimised for learning on the Zoom platform for up to 20 students.
- Longer Format Workshops: designed for in-person classes or multi-segment live Zoom events.
Please email me for my availability and rates. I am open to tailoring a workshop or presentation that suits your needs.
Download my Serendipity Patchwork & Quilting Workshops Brochure. View the Serendipity Student Gallery.
I will be hosting live, interactive workshops in 2022 for a range of time zones. Look out for the announcement of the workshop schedule in the Serendipity Studio Newsletter.
In the meantime, the following Guild workshops are open for non-member bookings in 2021. Please contact the organiser directly to check availability and to book your place:
- Circular Explorations with Pittsburgh Modern Quilt Guild: 5-8pm 23 October and 6 November includes FUNdamentally Circles and Beyond FUNdamentally Circles
- Geometricks with Jacksonville Modern Quilt Guild: 2-5pm Sunday 25 October (Florida time)
- FUNdamentally Circles with Racine Lighthouse Quilters: 2-5pm Tuesday 26 October (Wisconsin time)
- FUNdamentally Circles with Naimamo Quilters 1-4pm Saturday 30 November (Pacific Time)
3 Hour Live Zoom Workshops:
The following three-hour live interactive workshops have been developed and optimised for learning on the Zoom platform and are available for up to 20 students. Each workshop focuses on a different freeform piecing technique. The workshops are standalone or you can pick and choose a series.
All presentations are available as live virtual programs via Zoom:
- 45 minute digital slide show + Q&A
- Up to 100 participants
Longer Format Workshops
In addition to the 3-hour workshops, I offer the following longer format, in-depth workshops for both in-person and virtual events. I can tailor content and timing for your needs.
I enjoy the energy and enthusiasm of retreat and symposium-style gatherings. Past assignments include the Australasian Quilt Convention (2009, 2010, and 2013), New Zealand Quilt Symposiums (2015, 2017 and 2019), AQS Quilt Week Paducah (2013), European Patchwork Meeting (2014), Pacific International Quilt Festival (2018) and Quilt Encounter (2010 and 2012).