All workshops have been specifically developed for learning via Zoom and focus on a different freeform piecing technique. The classes are standalone or you can pick and choose a series for your group. Please email me for my availability and rates.
In this introductory workshop, you will learn two versatile methods of piecing expressive fine lines and undertake improvisational design exercises to create small compositions. See the Serendipity Student Gallery – Line Dancing.
Tips and tricks for creating geometric shapes with freeform piecing: triangles, quadrilaterals and hexagons. Explore the design possibilities of repeating motifs and learn how to join irregular shaped blocks. (The content of this workshop overlaps with the in-person workshop Improvisation Plus! ) See the Serendipity Student Gallery – Geometricks.
Focus on the core technique of freeform piecing circular designs without pins and templates. It’s liberating and it’s FUN. After some skill-building exercises, students will start on their own compositions with confidence. See the Serendipity Student Gallery – FUNdamentally Circles
The X Factor
Apply the X factor to a layer cake of your favourite fabric range to create cross design projects. Discover the liberation of free cutting and curved piecing techniques.No rulers, no templates and no pins! Also suitable for solids and scrap-busting. See the Serendipity Student Gallery – The X Factor!
Learn an effective, improvisational strip-piecing technique to create new “fabrics” layer by layer and explore design possibilities for incorporating these strip sets into your own compositions. Indicative designs shown below.(The content of this workshop overlaps with the in-person workshop Strata Various! ) See the Serendipity Student Gallery – Strip Ease.
Learn with Brenda: Upcoming WorkshopsBrenda is offering a full suite of live, interactive workshops at Australian, Europe and US-friendly times in 2021 directly to students. Here’s the program:
- FUNdamentally Circles: 5-8am Thursday 8 April
- FUNdamentally Circles: 9am-12noon Saturday 10 April
- Beyond FUNdamentally Circles: 1-4pm Saturday 1 May
- Beyond FUNdamentally Circles: 5-8am Thursday 6 May
- Geometricks: 5-8am Wednesday 2 June
- Line Dancing: 9am-12noon Saturday 5 June
- Line Dancing: 5-8am Thursday 10 June
- The X Factor: 9am-12noon Saturday 3 July
- The X Factor: 5-8am Thursday 8 July
In addition, I offer the following advanced classes:
- Abstraction in Action: (future dates TBA) is a four module (10 hour) workshop for students looking to stretch their creative muscles and to explore abstraction both in concept and practice. Learn more.
- Beyond Fundamentally Circles (A$35): for graduates of the Fundamentally Circles workshop, exploring semi-circles and other curvilinear shapes. 9am-12noon Saturday 1 May (AEST) or 5am-8am Thursday 6 May (AEST)
All dates are shown in Sydney time. Use the Time Zone Converter Tool to calculate the time at your location.