Join me in a workshop, presentation or exhibition!
Aotearoa Quilters Seminar: Show Your Work: 22-24 May 2020
Aotearoa Quilters is hosting Show Your Work, a 3-day seminar for artists, exhibitors and organisers in Wellington, New Zealand from 22-24 May 2020 covering the following topics:
- Elements & Principles of Design
- Effective Critique
- Quilts & Composition
- Art of Curating
- Solo Exhibitions
- Design & Originality
- Photographing your work
- Organising a Quilt Show – start to finish
- Working with volunteers
I will be the primary facilitator and have developed an interactive program with illuminating exercises and new case studies. Other presenters are Judi Schon (Convenor, Auckland Quilt Symposium) and Jess O’Brien (Photographer). All welcome!
Quilt Encounter: 11-16 July 2020
Quilt Encounter is the Quilters’ Guild of South Australia’s annual retreat, offering a range of workshops for members and non-members. Held at Immanuel College, Novar Gardens, SA, Quilt Encounter is a live-in event and you are invited to attend for two, three or all six days. In 2020, I will be teaching three workshops:
- Improvisation Plus – 11 and 12 July
- The Modern X (1 day) – 14 July
- Circular Explorations (2 days) – 15 and 16 July
Contact the convenor Kerryn Brand for a 2020 program booklet. Registrations close on 12 March 2020.
See my artwork in:
- 21 January – 21 February 2020: Australia Wide Six at Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts and Culture Centre, Katherine (NT)
- 8 February-17 May 2020: Art Quilt Australia 2019 at Yarra Ranges Regional Museum, Lilydale, Victoria
- 21 March – 5 April 2020: Australian Textile Art Awards at The Embroiderers Guild, VIC 170 Wattletree Rd, Malvern
- 26-28 March 2020: Connections SAQA Regional Exhibition at Crafters’ Fair, WIN Entertainment Centre, Wollongong
- 2-5 April 2020: Season After Season, SAQA global exhibition at the Prague Patchwork Meeting, Prague, Czech Republic
Call for Entries
I am curating two exhibitions for 2020 that focus on sight:
- Vision 2020 entries closed 10 January 2020; and
- Wonder of Eyes: Eyes of Wonder is a textile exhibition, art exchange and fundraiser for The Fred Hollows foundation. Size 20x20cm. Closing date 20 February 2020.
I invite all textile artists to enter! International entries are welcome.