According to my top IG posts for this year, 2021 highlights include:
- 💚 exhibiting my artwork in the cloth and online in The New Quilt 2021, Art Quilt Australia 2021, #SAQAoceania Connections and the Sydney Quilt Show 2021 Online.
- 🧡 Guild challenges with QuiltNSW and Aotearoa Quilters. Small projects that contribute to creative momentum and a sense of community;
- ❤️ a timely commission for a large rosella-inspired textile painting that provided solace during 100+ days of lockdown
- 💙 developing and enhancing my portfolio of live, interactive workshops and presentations and zooming all over the world connecting with old friends and making new friends 🌎🌍🌏
- 💛 making homemade gifts including a rainbow of Tessuiti aprons (free download pattern)
Of course, this list is far from complete. Other events that come to mind include:
- curatorial projects: Vision 2020, wonder of eyes-eyes of wonder and Open Borders: Travel Inspired Textiles;
- touring exhibitions: Australia Wide Seven (Ozquilt Network) and Distance & Diversity (SAQA Oceania)
- other exhibitions: Quilts Unlimited 2021 and One Step Further
- developing my video presentation and editing skills including my Serendipity Studio Tour for the SAQA online conference in April 2021
For every social media post, I am mindful there are thousands of other micro-moments that create patterns and rhythms in our lives. For most of us, behind the scenes duelling forces tustle for equilibrium: serendipity and zemblanity; joy and sorrow; pleasure and pain; harmony and struggle; control and surrender. If you’ve encountered weariness, heartache, anxiety or the malaise of missing mojo, I stand with you.
THANK YOU for joining me along the way here online and elsewhere. In a time of enforced separation, I derive great comfort and joy from being part of a vibrant and caring creative community. I wish us all a healthy and creative new year. This is our time.
For everything there is a season,
and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8