Explore the power of repetition to create unity and rhythm in abstract design using YOUR preferred techniques in my new design workshop: Riffing with Repetition.
I developed this workshop for students looking to stretch their creative muscles and go deeper into the wonderful world of patterning. The multi-segment program includes:
- Module 1: 6-9am Thursday 2 March 2023: an overview of the design principle of repetition and warm-up composition exercises;
- Module 2: 6-9am Thursday 9 March 2023: developing your colour palette and abstract composition;
- Module 3 from 6am Thursday 23 March 2023: informal open studio session;
- Module 4 from 5am Thursday 6 April : group presentations and feedback. All students are expected to participate in this module and contribute to a supportive environment.
Dates and times shown are Sydney time. This is Wednesday afternoon in North America and Wednesday evening in the UK and Europe. Check the time in your location with this time zone converter tool.
Spaces are limited for personalised attention and guidance. Recordings will also be available
Riffing with Repetition is complementary to my other deep design workshop Abstraction in Action: Abstraction from Reality. The workshops can be taken separately or together. There are two Abstraction in Action workshops coming up:
- Group 1 (Weekdays) from 5am 3, 4 & 18 May and 8 June 2023
- Group 2 (Weekends) from 6pm 6, 7 & 20 May and 10 June 2023
Riffing with Repetition and Abstraction in Action do NOT include technique instruction. Students are expected to have the skills necessary to undertake the assignments in their preferred techniques.
NOTE: Riffing with Repetition and Abstraction in Action do NOT include technique instruction. Students are expected to have the skills necessary to undertake the assignments in their preferred techniques.