As I prepare for travelling to the United States for the holidays, I am crossing things off my to do list:
- the latest issue of the Serendipity Studio Newsletter has been dispatched to subscribers;
- instructions have been sent off to Quilters Companion for a new project in 2014;
- broad bean seeds have been planted and will hopefully survive while we are away;
- US orders for Modern Quilts DVD & Magazine: Improvising Using Stacks of Solids are packed – be quick, tomorrow (5 December) is the last day to place an order for US delivery;
- threads have been tested for hand stitching project to take with me; and
- Christmas shopping and gift-making is complete. I always enjoy hand stitching bindings but this stripe made me especially happy. It’s the finishing touch on a quilt made for my five year old niece as she graduates to her “big” bed. I had forgotten, if I ever knew, just how big a single bed quilt is. This one covers the entire surface of a queen size bed.