For a while now, I have been keen to curate a travelling exhibition of contemporary textile works so I was thrilled to learn this week that Expertise Events has agreed to provide three anchor venues that will make this a viable proposition.
Accordingly, I invite all textile artists to submit an entry exploring the theme Beneath the Southern Sky. Each work will be in a 40x100cm (W x L) banner format and up to 30 works may be selected.
The following exhibition venues have been confirmed and additional venues are under investigation:
- Craft Expo Auckland: 15 â€“ 18 March 2012
- Australasian Quilt Convention: 12-15 April 2012
- Textile Art Festival: June 2012
Images of the selected textile works will also be published in an online gallery on the Beneath the Southern Sky website.
- 25 January 2012: closing date for entries
- 7 February 2012: final date for notification of selected entries
- 28 February 2012: final date for delivery to the curator and payment of A$20 entry fee for each selected work
- 1 September 2013: return of textile works to artists
Please help spread the word. For further information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org