Ozquilt Network invites artists resident in Australia and New Zealand, along with OZQN members worldwide*, to enter Art Quilt Australia 2017. The exhibition will be held at the Queen Victoria Art Gallery, Launceston, Tasmania from Friday 7 September to Sunday 22 October 2017 and will be documented in a comprehensive catalogue.
Art Quilt Australia 2017 is a juried exhibition with $6000 in prize money. All selected entries are automatically eligible for consideration for the $3000 Award of Excellence (non-acquisitive). Entrants submitting complying wool quilts may also nominate their work for the $3000 Expressions:Wool Quilt Prize where the winning work is acquired by the National Wool Museum for its permanent collection.
Artists from all disciplines are encouraged to enter as long as the work fits the definition of a stitched, layered textile incorporating any materials and employing any techniques. There is no theme and no prescribed size. Download the AQA 2017 Conditions of Entry for more information.
The closing date for entries is 7 June 2017.
* If you live outside of Australia and New Zealand and wish to participate, you can join Ozquilt Network online.
Ozquilt Network Statement of PurposesTo raise the profile and status of art quilters, art quilts and art quilt making in Australia.
- To encourage patronage of the art quilt movement and to promote the collection of art quilts.
- To encourage exhibitions of the highest possible quality. To encourage appropriate critical review and the production of catalogues documenting such exhibitions.
- To publish a newsletter and utilize electronic media such as website and social media outlets for the exchange of information and opinions between members and others.
- To encourage research and critique on art quilts and art quilt making in Australia, recognize its historical origins, and collect and promote this information where appropriate for members and others.
- To encourage the development of professional art practice among members.
- To maintain a bibliography as a reference for members and others.