Continuing with a botanical theme, week 22 of my weekly art project (or week 7 for 2017) considers gum blossoms and a complementary colour combo of red, green and chartreuse.
I hit a snag with the quilting. Don’t you hate it when this happens!
The chartreuse centre is inset-pieced. It’s kind of fiddly at the small scale, and I haven’t had the same amount of practice as Candy, so the edge could be smoother but it didn’t take too long:
View the Copa Abstractions collection from my weekly art project so far.
I look forward to seeing YOUR weekly art project. New participants are welcome to join in at any time. Be sure to link back to your specific blog/social media post so that we can learn more about your inspiration and process. It’s fun to see the work of the core group so far:
- Helen Conway
- Rebecca Staunton Coffey
- Ali George
- Joy Harvey
- Marianne from Switzerland
- Jane Rundle
- Lyn Weeks
Weekly Art Project Link Up: 15 February 2017
(Week 7 of 2017)
Join the Weekly Art Project!
- Make a pledge to participate – you can do this privately but there is power in a public declaration.
- Define the parameters of YOUR own weekly project*. Write it down somewhere!
- Record your results.
- Share a photo via the link up that I will post on my blog each Wednesday. (The link up for each week will stay open for 14 days.)
* Your project can be in any medium and size. If you would like to explore working in a 6x6in square format, download the Weekly Art Project Design Sheet to develop designs at this scale.