I have been researching and experimenting with alternative quilt finishes for some time culminating (so far!) in this tutorial for my Favourite Facing Finish that is suitable for rectangular and gently irregular-shaped quilts.
Here is listing of other online tutorials demonstrating a range of quilt-finishing techniques other than binding:
- Mitred Facing Finish presented by me – great for square and rectangular quilts;
- Escape Hatch Finish presented by Melody Johnson;
- Wholecloth Facing presented by me;
- Strip facing I (single layer) presented by Jeri Riggs;
- Strip Facing II (double layer) presented by me;
- Fine Satin Stitch Finish presented by Terry Grant; and
- Triangle Corners Facing Finish by Donna Hussain.
Four Fantastic Quilt Finishing Techniques DVD – ALL SOLD!
See Issue #37 of Quilters Companion and my instructional DVD which covers the following four quilt finishing techniques:
- continuous mitred binding;
- facing finish;
- pillow case with "escape hatch";and
- satin stitch/zig zag edging.